Monday, February 2

MY RESCUE DOG: PRINCESS

Two years ago I got my little mama shih-tzu Princess. I have always wanted my own dog and didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars buying a shih-tzu puppy because I know that there are shih-tzus out there that need to be adopted. I was just cruising online looking for shih-tzus that were affordable (under $100) and saw one that spoke to me. She looked like a true long haired shih-tzu but she has something wrong with her right jaw. The couple that were giving her away for FREE said they got her from the Breeder, who used her as a breeding dog. The couple wasn't told how this little dog got her jaw hurt but they knew she needed to go to someone that would love her more.

This couple that was giving away Princess said that she is a sweetheart but that their dog, also a shih-tzu, wasn't adjusting well with her. So they chose him over her. That's understandable. I knew that the family dog, a shih-tzu, wouldn't care if another dog was in the house, so I drove to Kearns and picked her up. She is the sweetest little dog who sat on my lap the whole way home. I took her to the vet the next week to find out of she had a dislocated or broken jaw. Turns out it is broken in three places. But she eats just fine using her left jaw. Eventually I would love to get her jaw fixed, but she doesn't realize shes not normal.

Princess follows me around like a little shadow who loves to be at my heels. Maybe that is how she received a broken jaw. She is always worried when I leave the room and is happy when I come home. She sleeps with me at night and loves treats everyday. Princess is super bossy but very independent who doesn't demand a lot of attention. I love her more and more everyday and feel blessed that she is in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment